The Belgian Tina Turner Fansite: Tina Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
TinaFan00
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote

Does anyone have a (more recent) picture of Tina's youngest son Ronald or know what he looks like? I'm so curious to see, because looking at Ike and looking at Tina, that's one combination. Kinda like a Beauty and the Beast thing going on... Laughing (<- I'm kidding for all of you Ike supporters Laughing )

Jemen
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote

yeah it would be very interessting to see some actual pix of tinas family... Razz

TinaFan00
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote

I'm also curious to see what her grandchildren look like. I wonder what kind of relationship they have, considering Tina lives so far away and hardly ever comes back to America? *cough cough* Rolling Eyes ... Laughing

TinaFanForEver
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote

I thought his name was Ronnie. Anyway he looks like his dad, he was in whats love got to do with, he was part of the band

TinaFan00
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote

Well, his name is Ronald but of course everyone would know him as Ronnie for short. Anyway, I didn't know he was part of the band in WLGTDWI. Now I'm going to have to go back and watch the movie and pay attention. I seriously look at Tina sometimes and can't even believe she has kids...

megarr2
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote

TinaFan00 wrote:
I'm also curious to see what her grandchildren look like. I wonder what kind of relationship they have, considering Tina lives so far away and hardly ever comes back to America? *cough cough* Rolling Eyes ... Laughing

I think they have a healthy, yet distant relationship. I would assume it is the same as any child whose parents worked constantly as they grew up - only I think the boys had access to whatever they wanted because of the $$$. Tina has said something along the lines of "I did my best considering what was going on (being on the road all the time)" I cannot believe she has children either. I wonder if she ever really wanted children. Weren't they all not planned?

waxhead
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:22 am Reply with quote

Tina has 2 sons, Craig with Raymond Hill (no doubt an unplanned child considering she was 18 at the time) and Ronnie with Ike, in 1960. I guess from what we know about her relationship with Ike, Ronnie was a bit of a surprise. I know she's close with Craig but I don't know about Ronnie. He's had several run-ins with the law. Michael and Ike Jr. also have had rough times and I think it was Michael, that was found homeless for awhile. Ike Jr. appeared with Ike at his last Grammy win and seemed like he had his head screwed on. Tina has said in several interviews that she's not a "mother" type, all mushy and maternal. I have a feeling that Michael and Ike Jr. are off her radar. I think Craig calls Tina "mother". I wonder if she was called Mom, Ma or whatever!?? I wonder too if there are any baby pictures of Tina? I would think she would have put one in "I Tina". The youngest I've ever seen her is the one where she's holding the basketball (take it away Megarr2 Cool ). Wouldn't it be cool to see pictures of her when she was young and just being normal? I wonder about all these details and what she was really like as a teen. Once on Joan Rivers' TV show, she had guests on that had some connection with celebrities and one guest was a woman that went to high school with Tina but I can only recall that she said Tina (Anna Mae) was quiet and not at all like her persona. Another guest was Jayne Mansfield's assistant (another really cool woman but alas, she's gone) and he said she wasn't decapitated in the notorious car accident..... that was made-up Sad .

Last edited by waxhead on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total 
megarr2
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:22 am Reply with quote

Was looking for young pics of Tina and came acorss this:

http://www.mbfala.com/Vegas/Gunther44&45-L.jpg

Could not post the pic and sorry Very Happy

mikenoil
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:43 am Reply with quote

megarr2 wrote:
Was looking for young pics of Tina and came acorss this:

http://www.mbfala.com/Vegas/Gunther44&45-L.jpg

Could not post the pic and sorry Very Happy

Awwww, Tina Looks Sooooo Sad In That Pic.... Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mikenoil
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quote

Wouldn't It Be Cool...If TINA Had a Daughter??? OMG...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
STU
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:01 am Reply with quote

waxhead wrote:
he said she wasn't decapitated in the notorious car accident..... that was made-up Sad .

Who wasnt decapitated?

aeiguana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:31 am Reply with quote

http://www.musicsubmit.com/BandImageFiles/6307-Park%20Picture.jpg

http://www.lindenwoodcc.com/images/wowband1.jpg

http://www.mubiz.com/RonaldTurner.jpg

Shaunr
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:15 pm Reply with quote

If that's Ronald, he looks a little old. I mean, he is 47, but still. Ike and Tina don't look their ages at all. I know that they have to maintain a certain image, but still.

waxhead
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 pm Reply with quote

No, that' not Ronnie....either it's Michael or Ike Jr. and I think it's Michael. You can see Ike Jr. here on this link, with Ike at a Grammy conference. Whoever it is, he resembles Ike. STU, Jayne Mansfield wasn't decapitated. That story is one of the parts of her legend but it didn't happen. Her death was gruesome but she still had her head. There was a picture that was circulated and appeared in Kenneth Anger's Hollywood Babylon and the "head" on the front of the car was actually her wig. You know who first told me that story wasn't true? John Waters. I was at a party in the early 80's for Miss Jean Hill, one of his cast of characters that had appeared in "Polyester" and I approached him and told him I was a fan. WELL, he ended up being very arrogant and snobby. I told him I had just read his book "Trash Culture" and spoke of Jayne (we are both admirers). He very indignantly told me the story of her auto crash wasn't true. I see him from time to time here in NY and the next time I see him, I'm going to let him know that I think he's a COMPLETE SELL-OUT Twisted Evil and has joined the ranks of polite society, the very thing he poked fun at all these years. I'm referring to "Hairspray" now having been released by Hollyweird with John Revolta playing the part of Edna Turnblatt, made famous originally by the great Divine. JEEZ Evil or Very Mad !!!!!!! Sorry for the digression, back to Tina and family......(Oh, Waters once insinuated that Tina had sold out after the success of Private Dancer. He preferred her with her ratty mink coats and "mustache Mad " now, he's just as guilty, the little twerp!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qElLkKqyKNI

megarr2
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Ike seemed different in this clip from wha I have seen of him before (which is not much really). He seemed......nice. He seemed to have moved on rom whatever/whoever he was back in the coke day. Congrats to him for winning. Ike Jnr is just like his dad!!!!!

View next topic
View previous topic