The Belgian Tina Turner Fansite: Tina Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
quandale
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Do you guys remember in I,Tina(Tina's Bio),Lorraine shot herself because of Ike stupidty.Anyway wasn't Tina there when she did that or was that just in the movie? and i also want to know have there been any interview with Tina about this?

waxhead
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Yeah quandale, Tina was there just like in the movie. The only time I've read about it was in I Tina. I think that's probably the only time Tina's talked about it publicly. It's too personal of a story for Tina to have talked about in the 60's and 70's before Tina became a legend. The biography gave her the opportunity to talk so personally of her life. I can't wait for a Part 2!!! I wonder what happened to Lorraine?

quandale
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote

yea i was curious because i was just watching the movie,do anyone know when part 2 is coming?

ralph
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote

i really don't think Tina is going to write another book. Shes been talking about writing a second book since I, Tina came out. She even said in that April 1988 issue of Q magazine that it would come in her 60s.

I think Tina was just talking. Not lying or anything misleading, but just like pondering. Like that interview from the Ike and Tina days where she said she doesn't really want to be onstage when she's 50 and older, she imagines doing something else. I think the idea of writing a second book was just in her head, never a real plan.

quandale
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote

i think she will Tina sticks to here words,even though they be years down the road she still does what she says she's gonna do and that's what we have love about her(The Queen Tina Turner)

delroy72
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote

I remember her saying something about writing a book or something
not very far ago i think it was during ALL THE BEST or later,she was asked
but she said she will wait a bit longer cos she had a feeling that something
significant gonna happen on her life,she did not explain more,as some know
she really is into translating(if that is the right word)dreams and stuff,like
the way she saw on her dream she gonna get a big movie role(career change)with the GODDESS .so im sure she have somekind of expectation !!

tinafan1000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 am Reply with quote

delroy72 wrote:
I remember her saying something about writing a book or something
not very far ago i think it was during ALL THE BEST or later,she was asked
but she said she will wait a bit longer cos she had a feeling that something
significant gonna happen on her life,she did not explain more,as some know
she really is into translating(if that is the right word)dreams and stuff,like
the way she saw on her dream she gonna get a big movie role(career change)with the GODDESS .so im sure she have somekind of expectation !!

Yeah your right here is Tina talking about updating I, Tina:

Tina Turner Says She Needs More Wisdom Before Updating Her Autobiography

02/09/2005 7:00 AM, Yahoo! Music
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Tina Turner is back with a brand-new compilation called All The Best. The CD features all of Turner's greatest hits from "Proud Mary" from her days with the Ike & Tina Turner Revue, through 1985's Grammy-winning "What's Love Got To Do With It?," as well as three new songs, including her new single "Open Arms." Turner told USA Today that the song, which deals with a friend's love and compassion, is able to stand alongside her biggest hits because, quote, "I thought it was a good message, especially with the world being as it is today... The world is really heavy, isn't it?"

Turner, who's now 66, said that she still wants to wait a while before updating her 1987 autobiography I, Tina, admitting that, "I need to be a bit older... Wisdom comes with age, especially when one is at the stage where I am, still absorbing and looking and learning. I still feel like something else is coming for me, something very special." She went on to joke that, "I might be 90 or 100 years old, but I'll be able to say, 'I've got it!'"

Turner revealed how she keeps in shape: "I had started doing Pilates about a year ago, I thought that over Christmas I had probably gained a few pounds. But I didn't. I started to put on my work clothes, and I said to my boyfriend, 'Look! I didn't diet! I didn't stop my champagne!' So I think the training has worked."

She went on to say that she thinks the business has changed between now and when she was coming up in the '60s, recalling that, "When I worked with my dancers, we wore short dresses, but we were well covered, and we cared about our moves." She feels that now, "It's not about putting out a great song that will actually inspire people; it's about who's very hot and very new and who will go the furthest." Turner says that, despite what she feels is a creative slump in pop music, she thinks it's bound to shape up soon, explaining that, "I know there's a lot of young talent out there, even if their influences aren't good enough. And the ones who have that talent will find a way to get it out there."

delroy72
Addict
Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Thanx for finding that article Tinafan1000

tinafan1000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote

delroy72 wrote:
Thanx for finding that article Tinafan1000

Yor welcome! No problem. Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic